The CDER Clinical Outcome Assessment (COA) Qualification Program
- Manages the qualification process for COAs intended to address unmet public health needs.
- Works directly with requestors in guiding COA development for qualification.
- Encourages a collaborative, multidisciplinary setting where CDER can review COAs and provide advice on the development or modification of COAs outside the IND/NDA/BLA pathway.
COA qualification is a regulatory conclusion that the COA is a well-defined and reliable assessment of a specified concept of interest for use in adequate and well-controlled (A&WC) studies in a specified context of use. COA qualification represents a conclusion that within the stated context of use, results of assessment can be relied upon to measure a specific concept and have a specific interpretation and application in drug development and regulatory decision-making.
If you have questions about the CDER COA Qualification Program, please email: COADDTQualification@fda.hhs.gov
Resources for You
- CDER COA Qualification Program FAQs
- Clinical Outcome Assessments Qualification Program - Resources
- Qualified COAs
- CDER COA Qualification Program Submissions
- DCOA Homepage
- Drug Development Tools