- Make sure the site requires a prescription and has a pharmacist available for questions.
- Buy only from licensed pharmacies located in the United States. BeSafeRx: Know Your Online Pharmacy has more information about finding safe and legal online pharmacies.
- Don't provide personal information such as credit card numbers unless you are sure the site will protect them.
- Educational Resources: Buying Medicine and Medical Products Over the Internet
- FDA takes action to protect consumers from dangerous medicines sold by illegal online pharmacies
- FDA takes action against thousands of illegal Internet pharmacies
- Beware of Online Cancer Fraud
- How to Evaluate Health Information on the Internet
- Buying Medicines Online FAQs
- The Possible Dangers of Buying Medicines Over the Internet
- FDA Warns About Fraudulent Tamiflu
- FDA Warns Individuals and Firms to Stop Selling Fake Cancer 'Cures'
- FDA Warns Companies Importing and Marketing Drugs Over the Internet that Fraudulently Claim to Prevent and Treat STDs
- FDA Says Consumers Continue to Buy Risky Drugs Online
- FDA Alerts Consumers to Unsafe, Misrepresented Drugs Purchased Over the Internet
- Hidden Risks of Erectile Dysfunction "Treatments" Sold Online
- FDA Consumer Safety Alert: Don't buy these drugs over the Internet or from foreign sources
- FDA Warns of Unapproved and Illegal H1N1 Drug Products Purchased Over the Internet
- Buying Contact Lenses Online or By Mail
- Consumer Safety Alert: Internet Sales of Laser Products
- Online Pet Pharmacies
- Purchasing Pet Drugs Online: Buyer Beware
- A Global Fight Against Dangerous Counterfeit and Unapproved Medical Products: From Operation Pangea to FDA�s Global Strategic Framework
- Buying Prescription Medicine Online: A Consumer Safety Guide
Report Problem Sites
- Reporting Unlawful Sales of Medical Products on the Internet
- Reporte de ventas ilegales de productos medicos a traves del Internet
- Report Suspected Fraudulent Products or Criminal Activity Associated with H1N1 Flu Virus (Swine Flu)