- Unfortunately, when faced with a serious health issue, even the most rational person can be led to believe implausible claims.
- FDA is continuing to provide support and training on the requirements of the Produce Safety Rule.
- Medications, homeopathic remedies and teething jewelry can be dangerous.
News & Events
- February 15, 2019 - Statement from FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D., on new policy to improve access and foster price competition for drugs that face inadequate generic competition
- February 14, 2019 - FDA authorizes first interoperable insulin pump intended to allow patients to customize treatment through their individual diabetes management devices
- February 14, 2019 - FDA issues warning letter to doctor for illegally marketing unapproved device with claims to prevent and treat tightening of scar tissue around breast implants
Recent Consumer Updates
Browse by Audience
Updates and information for staying safe and healthy
Learn about other treatments, drug/device approvals, public meetings and more
For Health Professionals
Medical product safety information, adverse event/problem reporting and more
For Scientists & Researchers
NCTR, pediatrics, clinical trials, Critical Path Initiative, foods and veterinary medicine research, and more
Guidance, registration and listing, pay user fees, import programs and more
Perspectives from FDA Experts
February 7, 2019
Paving the Road to Produce Safety Rule Inspections