The resources listed below are related to recalls of cosmetics and other products regulated by FDA, as well as other safety alerts related to cosmetics. To learn about FDA's role in recalls of cosmetics, see FDA Recall Policy for Cosmetics.
- Outbreak Investigation of B. cepacia Complex Linked to Medline Remedy Essentials No-Rinse Cleansing Foam
- FDA Advises Consumers, Tattoo Artists, and Retailers to Avoid Using or Selling Certain Tattoo Inks Contaminated with Microorganisms
- FDA Advises Consumers to Stop Using Certain Cosmetic Products After Testing Positive for Asbestos
|Posted Date||Company Name||Recall Information|
|7/22/2020||PRIMARK US CORP||PRIMARK US CORP recalls all lots of Charcoal scented facial primer, 150 mL / 5 US Fl. Oz. (Recall Number: F-1022-2020) and Watermelon scented facial primer, 150 mL / 5 US Fl. Oz. (Recall Number: F-1023-2020) as the products may contain Burkholderia cepacian.|
For additional details on the recalls listed, please visit Enforcement Reports, enter the company name under "Recalling Firm" and "Search."
- Arbonne International recalls Arbonne Shea Butter Body Wash, 16 oz/ 473mL because product testing by the manufacturer revealed the presence of Pluralibacter gergoviae. Recall Number: F-0958-2020.
- BECCA INC. recalls BECCA Cosmetics Light Shifter Brightening Concealer, 3.2 mL, all shades, because the firm identified mold in the cosmetic product applicator sponge. Recall Number: F-0953-2020.
- Tween Brands Inc. recalls Justice brand Just Shine You Sparkle Makeup Kit (Recall Number: F-0853-2020), and Just Shine Stay Magical Makeup Kit (Recall Number: F-0854-2020) because the products contain unapproved colorants.
- T&A House, LLC. recalls Monsepa Express Peeling Cream, Net Wt. 15 oz, because FDA testing found high levels of mercury in the product. Recall Number: F-0785-2020.
- Ecolab Inc. recalls ENDURE Sensitive Skin Foam Hand Soap, Net Contents 750 mL (25 US fl. oz) because the product may contain Burkholderia cepacia. UPC 25469-63702. Recall Number: F-0777-2020. Code Information: Lot 3489HU1400, expires January 2020. Item Number: 6023701.
- YES TO INC recalls Yes to grapefruit Brightening Vitamin C glow-boosting Unicorn Paper Mask (1 Single Use Paper Mask 0.67 fl oz / 20 mL) due to reports of skin irritation and spike in complaints. UPC DPCI #037-05-6515. Recall Number: F-0706-2020. Code Information: Lots 925054EW, 928013HW, 929040KW
- Montgomery County Chapter Nysarc, Inc. recalls Liberty Hair & Body Shampoo, 27 oz. nozzle pouch for potential contamination with E.coli and P. aeruginosa. Recall Number: F-0643-2020. Batch codes: 8-304-1; 8-305-1; 8-306-1; 8-309-1; 8-310-1; 8-311-1; 8-312-1; 8-313-1; 8-316-1; 8-317-1; 8-318-1; 8-319-1; 9-049-1; 9-050-1; 9-051-1; 9-056-1; 9-057-1; 9-058-1.
- Counter Beauty Brands LLC dba Beautycounter recalls Beauty Counter Brilliant Brow Tinted Brow Gel; Soft Black 3 ml/0.1 fl. oz. because testing found a species of mold Penicillium in the product. SKU 100000149 BRILLIANT BROW SOFT BLACK Product sold individually and as part of the following product set: SKU 700000072 Brow Gel. UPC: 842149101565. Recall Number: F-0594-2020. Code Information: SKU 100000149 Lot 999224670 & Lot 999210861.
- Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (JJCI) announced that it is initiating a voluntary recall in the United States of a single lot of its Johnsons Baby Powder Lot #22318RB, because testing has shown the presence of sub-trace levels of chrysotile asbestos contamination (no greater than 0.00002%).Recall Number: F-0156-2020. Product Code/ Case Code 100266500 Bottle Lot 22318RB Bottle UPC 381370030140.
- Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (JJCI) announced that it is initiating a voluntary recall in the United States of a single lot of its Johnsons Baby Powder Lot #22318RB because testing has shown the presence of sub-trace levels of chrysotile asbestos contamination (no greater than 0.00002%). Recall Number: F-0157-2020. Product Code/ Case Code 111750800 Lot Number 2998RT2 (for twin pack) (note: individual bottles are labeled as 22318RB) Club UPC 381371175086 Outer Case GTIN 10381371175083.
- Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (JJCI) announced that it is initiating a voluntary recall in the United States of a single lot of its Johnsons Baby Powder Lot #22318RB because testing has shown the presence of sub-trace levels of chrysotile asbestos contamination (no greater than 0.00002%). Recall Number: F-0158-2020. Product Code/ Case Code 111824800 111824800 Lot Number 2418QM121 (for SIOC) (note: individual bottles are labeled as 22318RB) 2428QM121 (for SIOC) (note: individual bottles are labeled as 22318RB) Club UPC 381371182480 381371182480 Outer Case GTIN 10381371182487 10381371182487.
- Tween Brands Inc. recalls Just Shine 100 pc Lip & Eye Palette, which includes-Eye shadow total net wt. 0.74 oz (21g), Eye glitter, total net wt. 0.88 oz (25g), and Lip gloss total net wt. 0.35 oz (10g) because products may contain unapproved D&C Yellow #10 in eyeshadow. Recall Number: F-0116-2020. Code Information: Batch code: 199646 91495 07/19.
Cosmetic Safety Information
- Enforcement Reports: FDA's Weekly Reports on Recalls
- Recalls, Market Withdrawals, and Safety Alerts: All FDA-regulated Products
- Report a Problem
- Warning Letters Related to Cosmetics
- Import Surveillance: Import Alerts and Refusals
- How FDA Evaluates Regulated Products: Cosmetics
- Statement on FDA Investigation of WEN by Chaz Dean Cleansing Conditioners
- EOS Lip Balm® Products
- Potential Risk of Lead Poisoning from Alikay Naturals Bentonite Me Baby Bentonite Clay, Marketed with Cosmetic and Drug Claims
- Hair-Smoothing Products That Release Formaldehyde When Heated
CFSAN Outreach and Information Center
5001 Campus Drive, HFS-009
College Park, MD 20740-3835
10 AM- 4 PM EST
Closed Thurs 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM EST
For Updates on Twitter follow
Here you'll find the latest news and information from FDA's Office of Cosmetics.