Message from the Director
We began the year by continuing to empower women to make better and more informed decisions about their health by committing to healthy habits. We have also continued to connect pregnant women, new mothers, and their healthcare providers to safety resources through our Resources for You and Your Baby Initiative. As you observe National Birth Defects Prevention Month, I encourage you to visit our Medicine and Pregnancy webpage and share the resources in this update to help pregnant women start a conversation with their healthcare providers about the medicines they take.
I hope you will continue to look to us in 2018 as we advance the understanding of women’s health issues, launch new research, and lead outreach activities to help women make safe and healthier choices about FDA products. We depend on each of you to help us amplify these important messages to women across the country. Please link to FDA’s women’s health web content and share our messages on Twitter, Pinterest and in your newsletters. You are a key part of helping us improve the health of women.
Women’s Health Highlights
- Download the Pregnancy Social Media Toolkit and the Medicine and Pregnancy fact sheet.
- Link to the FDA Pregnancy webpage, www.fda.gov/pregnancy.
- Learn how pregnancy registries can help improve safety information for pregnant women.
- Read the FDA consumer update, “Adding Folic Acid to Corn Masa Flour May Prevent Birth Defects.”
Call to Action
- Visit www.fda.gov/womenshealthpubs and give us your feedback.
- Read the FDA consumer update, “It's Not Too Late to Get Your Flu Shot.”
FDA White Oak Campus, Silver Spring, MD