The FDA Office of Women's Health (OWH) newsletter highlights women's health news and initiatives, meetings, regulatory safety information, and other updates from FDA. OWH sends this newsletter monthly via email to subscribers. We also occasionally send Women’s Health Alerts with timely news updates to this list.
We invite you to subscribe to get the latest news highlights, events, and more from OWH:
- Subscribe: enter your email in the Subscribe box at the bottom of this page to receive OWH email updates.
- To subscribe to other FDA emails, visit the FDA subscription management center.
- February 2024: Learn more about hyperemesis gravidarum and join OWH in celebrating International Day of Women and Girls in Science, and American Heart Month.
- January 2024: Prioritize your health and wellness in the new year, and learn more about HPV during Cervical Health Awareness Month.
- December 2023: Review some of the activities OWH implemented and supported throughout 2023, and remember: it's not too late to get your flu vaccine.
- November 2023: Learn more about pregnancy registries, and how information collected can help health care providers and others who are pregnant learn more about the safety of medicines and vaccines used during pregnancy. We encourage you to view our Caring for Others resources to help you manage your loved one’s medical needs while also taking care of yourself.
- October 2023: OWH hosted a virtual public webinar in collaboration with CDER’s Office of Medical Policy (OMP) on November 8, 2023 titled Bringing Clinical Research to Patients (recording coming soon). This edition of the OWH newsletter also highlights National Mammography Day, with an important reminder to spread the word about the importance of mammograms. Explore our mammography resources and get the latest women’s health highlights from FDA.
- September 2023: OWH and CDER Office of Clinical Pharmacology hosted a virtual public workshop titled Menopause: Potential Impact on Clinical Pharmacology and Opportunities for Future Research, on October 11, 2023. This workshop discussed the current understanding of the impact of menopause on pharmacokinetics (PK, the movement of drugs through the body), pharmacodynamics (PD, the body's biological response to drugs), and also identified research and data gaps. Learn more and watch the video recording. This edition of the OWH newsletter also highlights National Women's Health and Fitness Day (September 27), an annual observance to highlight the benefits of regular physical activity on your health.
- August 2023: Learn more about OWH’s latest factsheet on Women and Anxiety, and our College Women’s Campaign. This edition of the newsletter also highlights National Breastfeeding Month, Black Breastfeeding Week and shares relevant resources and news highlight for women.
- July 2023: This edition of the OWH newsletter highlights FDA approval of the first nonprescription daily oral contraceptive, Fibroid Awareness Month, National Minority Mental Health Awareness Month and the latest women’s health highlights.
- June 2023: In this edition of the OWH newsletter, we invite you to view our newest continuing education webinar, focused on Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). This edition of the newsletter also highlights National HIV Testing Day and shares the latest women’s health highlights from the FDA.
- May 2023: Join us in recognizing National Women’s Health Week, this annual observance serves as an important reminder for women to prioritize their health needs. This edition of the newsletter also highlights Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander Heritage (AANHPI) Month and shares resources on a range of health topics that are specific and important to women.
- March 2023: In this edition of the OWH newsletter, we recognize Women’s History month and celebrate the achievement of women past and present from our office and across the FDA. March also marks Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month, learn more about screening options and get the latest news highlights from the FDA.