September 20, 2017
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration, along with its National Antimicrobial Resistance Monitoring System partners, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention & the United States Department of Agriculture, will be holding the 2017 Scientific Meeting of the National Antimicrobial Resistance Monitoring System (NARMS). The purpose of this public meeting will be to summarize NARMS progress since the last public meeting in 2014, present recommendations made by the recent FDA Science Board review of NARMS in 2017, and to explore new possible directions for NARMS within a One Health paradigm.
The public meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 24 and Wednesday, October 25, 2017, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s South Building, in the Jefferson Auditorium, 14th & Independence Avenue SW, Washington, DC 20250.
Online advance registration for the public meeting is mandatory for in-person attendance and attendees must register by October 10 2017. On-site registration will not be permitted.
For registration instructions, information about special accommodations due to a disability, or to learn more about oral presentation opportunities at the meeting, visit our public meeting webpage. A meeting agenda will also be posted to the site when it is available.
Important Dates to Remember:
- Request special accommodations due to disability
October 2, 2017
- Request to make an oral presentation
October 2, 2017
- Registration deadline for in-person attendance
October 10, 2017
- Speakers selected to present will be notified
October 13, 2017
- Speakers must submit presentations
October 20, 2017
- Public meeting
October 24-25, 2017, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Deadline to submit written/electronic comments
November 24, 2017
- Federal Register Notice of 2017 Scientific Meeting of the National Antimicrobial Resistance Monitoring System
- 2017 Scientific Meeting of the National Antimicrobial Resistance Monitoring System - Includes registration information.
- The National Antimicrobial Resistance Monitoring System
- About NARMS
- FDA Science Board Review of the National Antimicrobial Resistance Monitoring System (2017)