Dr. Barbara Leotta
Supervisory Veterinary Medical Officer
Office of New Animal Drug Evaluation
1. Why did you become a veterinarian?
I became a veterinarian because I was fascinated by biology and medicine and wanted to help animals, as they are such an important part of our lives.
Barbara Leotta's dog Sadie
2. What made you want to work for CVM?
Working for CVM allows me to contribute to the health and well-being of all animals and people.
3. What is the best thing about being a veterinarian for CVM?
Working as a veterinarian at CVM is wonderful because you work with amazing and dedicated colleagues to solve problems and contribute to public health.
4. What does the veterinary profession mean to you?
Being a part of the veterinary profession allows me to work towards preserving the valuable human-animal bond.
5. What is your most memorable moment as a veterinarian?
I have too many to pick just one; however, any time you can see your actions directly impact a family’s happiness, it is extremely rewarding.