Meeting materials and information for the 2019 TPSAC Meetings are listed below.
Persons with disabilities having problems accessing the below PDF files may call 1-877-287-1373 for assistance.
DISCLAIMER: The information in these materials is not a formal dissemination of information by FDA and does not represent agency position or policy. The information is being provided to TPSAC to aid the committee in its evaluation of the issues and questions referred to the committee.
On this page:
- Meeting Materials
- Public Participants
- Attending a Public Meeting at FDA
- Contact Information
February 14, 2020: Tobacco Products Scientific Advisory Committee Meeting
On February 14, 2020, the Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) Tobacco Products Scientific Advisory Committee (TPSAC) will meet in open session to discuss discuss the modified risk tobacco product applications, submitted by 22nd Century Group Inc. for the following combusted filtered cigarette tobacco products:
FDA intends to make background material available to the public no later than 2 business days before the meeting. If FDA is unable to post the background material on its website prior to the meeting, the background material will be made publicly available at the location of the advisory committee meeting, and the background material will be posted on FDA’s website after the meeting.
Interested persons may present data, information, or views, orally or in writing, on issues pending before the committee.
- Individuals interested in making formal oral presentations should notify the contact person on or before January 30, 2020.
- Requests should include a brief statement of the general nature of the evidence or arguments they wish to present, the names and addresses of proposed participants, and an indication of the approximate time requested to make their presentation.
- Time allotted for each presentation may be limited. If the number of registrants requesting to speak is greater than can be reasonably accommodated during the scheduled open public hearing session, FDA may conduct a lottery to determine the speakers for the scheduled open public hearing session.
- The contact person will notify interested persons regarding their request to speak by January 31, 2020
- Written submissions may be made to the contact person on or before February 7, 2020.
- Oral presentations from the public will be scheduled between approximately 10:45 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. on February 14, 2020.
Persons attending FDA's advisory committee meetings are advised that the Agency is not responsible for providing access to electrical outlets.
Please check this page or call the FDA Advisory Committee Information Line for the latest meeting information, including any last-minute changes.
CTP plans to provide a free, live webcast of the Tobacco Products Scientific Advisory Committee meeting. While CTP is working to make webcasts available to the public for all TPSAC meetings held at the White Oak campus, there are instances where the webcast transmission is not successful; staff will work to re-establish the transmission as soon as possible.
FDA welcomes the attendance of the public at its advisory committee meetings and will make every effort to accommodate persons with physical disabilities or special needs.
Information regarding ground transportation, airport information, lodging, driving directions; visitor parking and security can be accessed at the Public meetings at White Oak main page.
FDA is committed to the orderly conduct of its advisory committee meetings. Please visit our Web site for procedures on public conduct during advisory committee meetings.
- CAPT Serina Hunter-Thomas, 240-402-5771, e-mail: email@example.com
- FDA Advisory Committee Information Line (for latest information about this meeting):
1-800-741-8138 (301-443-0572 in the Washington, DC area)
- Federal Register - Notice of Meeting
Notice of this meeting is given under the Federal Advisory Committee Act (5 U.S.C. app. 2).