In case of inclement weather on March 21 – 22, 2018, the joint meeting of the BPAC and Microbiology Devices Panel will follow OPM guidance for the Federal Government operating status. Please frequently check the OPM website at at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/snow-dismissal-procedures/current-status/ for updates on operating status.
- If the Federal Government is open, the meeting will take place as scheduled.
- If the Federal Government is closed due to inclement weather, the meeting will be cancelled and will be rescheduled to a future date.
- If the Federal Government is open but starts on a delayed arrival schedule, the meeting will have a delayed start by the same number of hours of announced delay.
For example, if there is a 2 hr. delay, the meeting will begin at 10 a.m. instead of 8:00 a.m. on March 21, 2018.
- Please note that on March 21, 2018, if the meeting starts with a delay, then only Topic I (the device reclassification from Class III to Class II of nucleic acid and serology-based point-of-care and laboratory-based in vitro diagnostic devices indicated for use as aids in the diagnosis of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection) will proceed while Topic II (presentations on the research programs in the Laboratory of Emerging Pathogens, the Laboratory of Bacterial and Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathy Agents, and the Laboratory of Molecular Virology in the Division of Emerging Transfusion-Transmitted Diseases, Office of Blood Research and Review Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research) will be cancelled and rescheduled to a future date.
- Likewise, on March 22, 2018, if the meeting starts with a delay, Topic III (the reclassification from Class III to Class II of nucleic acid and serology-based in vitro diagnostic devices indicated for use as aids in diagnosis of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection and/or for use as aids in the management of HCV infected patients) will proceed on a delayed schedule.