Office of Regional and Country Affairs
OIP’s activities in Asia*, the Middle East, Africa and Canada are overseen by OIP’s Office of Regional and Country Affairs. The Office fosters collaboration, sharing and the sharing of technical expertise with counterpart regulatory authorities throughout the region, both directly and through their embassies in Washington, D.C. These activities fulfill FDA’s mandate by helping ensure that regulated products exported to the United States meet FDA standards for safety and effectiveness, and in turn help countries enhance their regulatory infrastructure and contribute to global health.
*China and India are represented by FDA offices located in China and India.
ORCA is located at FDA Headquarters in White Oak, Maryland.
Focus on Regions and Countries
- A Closer Look at Tea and Rice: FDA Brings FSMA Outreach to Japan
- FDA Continues its Collaboration with Canada in Phase 2 of the U.S.-Canada Regulatory Cooperation Council
- FDA and Asia-Pacific Colleagues Focus on Food Safety
- Achieving an AIDS Free Generation â Highlights from the PEPFAR Annual Meeting in Durban, South Africa
- FDA and Health Canada: Working Together for an Efficient Pathway for Drug Applications
- FDA as part of a coordinated global response on Ebola