The Communications Team (CT) falls under the Office of Global Diplomacy and Partnerships (OGDP), in the Office of Global Policy and Strategy (OGPS). The CT supports OGPS activities by managing cross-organizational communications, coordinating and facilitating external and internal communications with OGPS stakeholders, and assisting OGPS offices with their unique communications needs. Specifically, the CT:
- Oversees and directs print and online communications and visual identity for the Office of Global Policy and Strategy;
- Acts as the liaison with the Office of External Affairs and other communications offices within FDA;
- Creates and disseminates From A Global Perspective, occasional thought pieces on international topics from FDA experts;
- Manages the OGPS Twitter page @FDA_Global and the OGPS sections of FDA’s webpage;
- Publishes Global Monthly Updates, a monthly newsletter that highlights FDA’s recent international activities;
- Keeps international stakeholders apprised of FDA’s international announcements via the Dear International Colleague Letter list-serve;
- Creates internal communications for employees, including the content and visual strategies for the OGPS internal webpages;
- Drafts blogs, speeches, informal remarks, talking points, slides, scripts and other written material for the Associate Commissioner and other senior officials;
- Advises the Associate Commissioner and other senior FDA executives on messages about OGPS’ public health priorities, initiatives, and priorities.
Don't miss out on future Global Monthly Updates or other international news from OGPS. Sign up, here, then follow the prompts and select the "International Programs" box.