Office of Minority Health and Health Equity
Creating a world where health equity is a reality for all.
The FDA Office of Minority Health and Health Equity (OMHHE) serves to promote and protect the health of diverse populations through research and communication of science that addresses health disparities.
We aim to:
- increase the amount of clinical trial data available on racial and ethnic minorities; improve the data quality to determine how minorities react to medical products; and increase transparency and access to available data
- strengthen FDA’s ability to respond to minority health concerns and
- promote health and safety communication to minority populations who often experience low health literacy and/or speak English as a second language.
- CAPT Richardae Araojo, Associate Commissioner for Minority Health and Director of the Office of Minority Health and Health Equity
- Office of Minority Health and Health Equity Brochure
- Outreach and Communication
- Research and Collaboration