Regulatory Counsel Jobs in CDER
Please review each grade announcement for a list of job duties.
- Resolves a broad range of regulatory, scientific, and technical issues concerning the application of the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
- Applies knowledge of the drug approval process, and interprets the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and other pertinent and applicable laws and regulations.
- Works with reviewers to determine the extent of regulatory authority in specific situations.
- Develops and drafts proposals for revision of existing regulations and policy statements.
- Provides expert guidance, sensitive to both the technical and regulatory issues, in preparation of correspondence that interprets the regulation.
- Provides regulatory expertise in evaluating and developing responses to letters from the pharmaceutical industry.
- Identifies and evaluates the appropriateness of potential cases for enforcement action.
Please review each grade announcement for the specific qualifications and specialized experience.
Grade (Salary) Level
Federal General Schedule (GS) grade levels at which regulatory counsel positions are commonly filled are:
- GS-11 through GS-15