Social Science Analyst Careers at CDER
Work for the FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER)
What do Social Science Analysts do at CDER?
The duties of a Social Science Analyst at CDER differ by office. Opportunities may include:
- Leading the conceptualization, design, conduct, and analysis of research, programmatic, and/or consultative services to support CDER in its efforts to structure and communicate its regulatory decision-making.
- Collaborating with colleagues within CDER to apply novel and state-of-the-art information and insights from CDER social science research and the scientific literature to inform government policy decision-making and communications.
- Developing and implementing surveys, experimental studies, content analyses, focus groups, individual interviews, and other quantitative and qualitative research methods, and applying statistical methodologies and techniques to analyze data and conduct research in the program area.
- Presenting information related to social science topics, including study design and results, internally as well as at national meetings with trade groups, private industry, and other government agencies.
Related positions include:
How can I find a Social Science Analyst position at CDER?
Available CDER positions are listed on USAJOBS and under the FDA 21st Century Cures Act Hiring Authority.
1. Search USAJOBS by Keyword: CDER. You can filter your search by:
- Food and Drug Administration
- 0101 - Social Science
- 0601 - General Health Science
2. Visit We Are Hiring | FDA to find a current listing of opportunities utilizing the FDA 21st Century Cures Act Hiring Authority.
Where can I learn more about careers at the FDA?
For general information on working at the FDA and additional employment opportunities, visit: Jobs and Training at FDA.