Microbiologist Careers at CDER
Work for the FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER)
What do Microbiologists do at CDER?
The duties of a Microbiologist at CDER differ by office. Opportunities may include:
- Evaluating the microbiological and manufacturing data submitted in new drug or generic drug applications.
- Evaluating preclearance actions for antibiotic drug products.
- Developing new methods, interpreting and evaluating data, and preparing relevant reports in such areas as bacteriology, virology, parasitology, mycology, serology, tissue culture, hematology, and immunology.
- Planning, organizing, and overseeing programs related to coordination of the regulation of cytokines and substrate-related issues.
Microbiologist positions are available for individuals with advanced degrees, postdoctoral training, and faculty experience. Related positions include:
How can I find a Microbiologist position at CDER?
Available CDER positions are listed on USAJOBS and under the FDA 21st Century Cures Act Hiring Authority.
- Search USAJOBS by Keyword: CDER. You can filter your search by Agency: Food and Drug Administration and Series: 0403 - Microbiology.
- Visit We Are Hiring | FDA to find a current listing of opportunities utilizing the FDA 21st Century Cures Act Hiring Authority.
Where can I learn more about careers at the FDA?
For general information on working at the FDA and additional employment opportunities, visit: Jobs and Training at FDA.