Consumer Safety Officer Careers at CDER
Work for the FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER)
What do Consumer Safety Officers do at CDER?
The duties of a Consumer Safety Officer at CDER differ by office. Opportunities may include:
- Serving as the regulatory project manager/coordinator for an assigned group of drug/biologic products from the investigational stage through marketing application review, as well as post-marketing requirements and safety oversight, following FDA laws and regulations.
- Acting as a liaison between the Agency, regulated industry, and external stakeholders in all aspects related to the drug review process. Issuing responses to correspondence from within and outside the Agency concerning FDA-regulated products. Interacting with internal and external stakeholders and the general public regarding a range of consumer and medical product safety and availability issues.
- Evaluating medical product facility compliance issues under applicable CGMP regulations and other legal requirements. Applying investigative methods and negotiating techniques to conduct inspections and investigations of manufacturers and operations.
- Evaluating data, documentation, inspectional results, and other evidence needed to support compliance or surveillance activities.
- Reviewing prescription drug advertising and promotional labeling to ensure that the information contained in these promotional materials is not false or misleading.
- Applying FDA laws, regulations, court decisions, legal guidance, Agency guidance, manuals, directives, precedents, and proposed and final rules in evaluating regulatory cases and submissions. Participating in formulating new regulations, procedures, and programs with national and international impact.
- Leading/participating in briefings, presentations, and meetings with regulated industry representatives, trade organizations, academia, health professional groups, and other organizations.
Related positions include:
How can I find a Consumer Safety Officer position at CDER?
Available CDER positions are listed on USAJOBS and under the FDA 21st Century Cures Act Hiring Authority.
- Search USAJOBS by Keyword: CDER. You can filter your search by Agency: Food and Drug Administration and Series: 0696 - Consumer Safety.
- Visit We Are Hiring | FDA to find a current listing of opportunities utilizing the FDA 21st Century Cures Act Hiring Authority.
Where can I learn more about careers at the FDA?
For general information on working at the FDA and additional employment opportunities, visit: Jobs and Training at FDA.