Effective March 31, 2019, FDA will begin operational implementation of an agency reorganization. FDA’s reorganization reflects the agency’s commitment to modernizing its structure to advance its mission to protect and promote public health, and to meet the challenges of rapid innovation across the industries regulated by FDA. The FDA’s reorganization will realign several entities across the agency to promote strategic priorities, and will elevate the role of the centers, offices and field forces.
This organization chart reflects the new structure under which FDA will operate.
Anna Abram, Deputy Commissioner for Policy, Planning, Legislation, and Analysis
The Office of Policy, Planning, Legislation and Analysis provides strategic policy and legislative leadership, planning, and data-driven analysis for the Food and Drug Administration to more effectively protect and promote the public health.
- Advises the Commissioner and other key agency officials on matters relating to agency policy, regulations development, legislative issues, budget formulation, risk communication, and planning and evaluation activities
- Provides strategic policy direction, planning, and data-driven analysis for FDA to more effectively and efficiently protect and promote public health
- Develops significant and cross-cutting policy and engages in strategic problem solving; Conducts economic analysis, program evaluations and special studies
- Serves as FDA’s focal point for the development, coordination, oversight, and processing of regulations, guidance and other policy documents
- Serves as FDA’s focal point for the development, coordination, oversight and processing of regulations, guidance and other policy documents.
- Leads overall FDA strategic, performance and business process planning, including the development of performance measures
- Leads and coordinates agency-wide efforts to plan, evaluate and improve FDA risk communication
- Coordinates strategically across FDA Directorates, Centers and Offices to respond to inquiries from States and to engage in proactive outreach to States on critical FDA policy issues
- Develops collaborative relationships with policy making State and Tribal partners to ensure engagement and representation on FDA policy issues
- Provides overall guidance and leadership on cross-cutting resource and strategic management activities including budget execution, formulation, internal controls and process improvement as well as other management analysis needs
- Coordinates and delivers a wide range of administrative services to the Directorate including human capital and program management activities
Office of Policy, Planning, Legislation and Analysis
Office of the Commissioner
10903 New Hampshire Avenue
Silver Spring, Maryland 20993