The following videotaped presentations support the FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine’s (CVM's) mission to protect U.S. human and animal health by assuring the safety, efficacy, and quality of animal drugs, including drugs intended for food-producing animals, and the safety of animal feeds and pet foods. They explain our programs for approving products and for monitoring products after they have been placed on the market. These videos also describe how CVM supports continuing efforts to reduce trade barriers and promote harmonization of international standards and guidelines.
We recommend that you begin viewing the series with the introductory statements by our former Center Director, Dr. Bernadette Dunham, who further explains our Mission and Goals. In addition to Dr. Dunham’s overview of CVM, several of our experts offer their welcome to you in their native languages.
If you would like to contact us, please do so by emailing CVMIA@fda.hhs.gov.
Overview of CVM
- Welcome to the Center for Veterinary Medicine
Bernadette M. Dunham, D.V.M., Ph.D.
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices
Dr. Gabriel Davila
- Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls and Good Manufacturing Practices: The Big Picture of a Long-Term Commitment
Elizabeth Pollina Cormier, Ph.D.
- Effectiveness Evaluation for Therapeutic Drugs for Food Animals
Emily Smith, DVM
- Effectiveness Evaluation for Production Drugs
Crystal Groesbeck, Ph.D.
- Human Food Safety of New Animal Drugs: Microbial Food Safety
Heather Harbottle, Ph.D.
- Foundations of Regulation
Diane L. Heinz, D.V.M., MBA
- Target Animal Safety
Laura L. Hungerford, D.V.M, MPH, Ph.D.
- Effectiveness Evaluation for Therapeutic Drugs for Non-Food Animals
Christopher Loss, D.V.M.
Jennifer Matysczak, V.M.D.
- The National Antimicrobial Resistance Monitoring System - Tracking Antimicrobial Resistance in the Food Supply
Patrick McDermott, Ph.D.
- Medicated Feeds Overview
Dr. Dragan Momcilovic and Dr. Gabriel Davila
- Advertising Issues, Effectiveness Claims
Mike Murphy, D.V.M., J.D., Ph.D.
- Lifecycle-Based Approach to Regulating Product Quality - An International Perspective
Dr. Michael E. Oehlsen
- An Overview of Minor Use and Minor Species Issues in the U.S.A.
Meg Oeller, D.V.M.
- Human Food Safety of New Animal Drugs: Residue Chemistry
Julia A. Oriani, Ph.D.
- Regulating Animal Drugs
- Labeling Issues
Suzanne Sechen, Ph.D.
- Environmental Impact (Risk) Assessment of Veterinary Pharmaceuticals
Eric Silberhorn, Ph.D.
- Introduction to CVM International Programs Webpage
Merton V. Smith, Ph.D., J.D.
- Governance of Veterinary Medicinal Products: Need to Leverage Resources
Merton V. Smith, Ph.D., J.D.
- CVM Recalls
Kathy Hemming Thompson
- Overview of CVM Bioresearch Monitoring
Vernon D. Toelle, Ph.D.
- Embracing New Innovation in Veterinary Drug Evaluation
Steven D. Vaughn, D.V.M.
- Principles of New Animal Drug Effectiveness: An Overview
Linda M. Wilmot, D.V.M., MS
- Human Food Safety of New Animal Drugs: Toxicology Assessment
Tong Zhou, Ph.D., DABT