The Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition is a national leader in protecting and promoting public health. Our employees, from highly specialized experts to support staff, help safeguard more than $1.5 trillion worth of food, cosmetics and dietary supplements.
What We Do
- Modernize methods to find, track, and eliminate harmful germs and other hazards
- Evaluate the safety of new ingredients for food and the safety of new color additives
- Strengthen manufacturing practices
- Ensure properly labeled food, dietary supplements, and cosmetics
- Foster good nutrition and effective food safety practices
- Investigate causes of foodborne illness outbreaks
- Target unsafe products
How We Do It
We publish alerts and safety information.
We share our mission and accomplishments with our partners: federal, state, local, and community public-health advocates; American Indian nations; international organizations; and academic and scientific researchers. Please help us help you: Report harmful food, dietary supplements, and cosmetics.
For More Information
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Food and Drug Administration
Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
5001 Campus Drive
College Park, MD 20740
Phone: 888-723-3366/ TTY: 1-800-877-8339