Office of Communications
Who We Are:
The Division of Online Communications (DOC) manages CDER’s internet and intranet sites and multimedia outreach activities. DOC assures consistency with FDA design and web requirements. The division works closely across CDER’s offices and within the Agency to ensure the timely delivery of drug-related information. DOC strives to present information in a variety of electronic and digital platforms to support CDER’s mission.
What We Do:
- Publish and maintain CDER web content, including drug approval information and the Center’s regulatory policy documents on FDA webpages.
- Provide guidance and expertise for the creation of digital and print graphic products. The many services include the development of videos, web graphics, print publications, flow-charts, brand identities, posters, illustrations and professional photographs.
- Manage CDER’s public databases and developing web and mobile applications. Examples include Drugs@FDA , FDA’s Orange Book and drug shortages.
- Provide guidance on developing new web pages or revising existing web content and web applications.
- Make CDER’s web content responsive to advances in technology and alternative viewing formats such as smart phones and tablets.
- Create web-based content about CDER’s initiatives, the risks and benefits of drug products, innovations in drug research and development, and advances in science and research.
- Monitor and track web page views to measure the effectiveness of CDER’s health communication efforts.
- Ensure that posted CDER content follows section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act and provides stakeholders, including those with physical, sensory or cognitive disabilities, access to web content.
Email: email@example.com | Telephone: 301-796-3700 | Fax: 301-431-6350
Hillandale Building 10001 New Hampshire Avenue Silver Spring, MD 20993