To facilitate, support and accelerate the development of drug and biologic products for the benefit of patients with rare disorders.
- Coordinate the development of CDER policy, procedures and training for the review of treatments for rare diseases.
- Assist in outside development and maintenance of good science as the basis for the development of treatments for rare diseases.
- Work collaboratively with external and internal rare disease stakeholders to promote the development of treatments for rare disorders.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with CDER's review divisions to promote consistency and innovation in the review of treatments for rare disorders.
- Work collaboratively with international regulatory agencies to discuss and exchange scientific and regulatory information related to rare diseases.