Who We Are
CDER’s Office of Communications (OCOMM) supports FDA’s mission to protect and promote public health. OCOMM is the primary resource for communicating human drug information with staff that includes health professionals, communications specialists, and web and graphic designers.
What We Do
- Provide strategic communication advice to center and agency leadership.
- Develop and coordinate overarching public communication initiatives and educational activities.
- Employ comprehensive communication approaches to ensure consistent branding, messaging, and strategic direction of CDER’s communication products.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Provide expertise on multimedia communication products that inform and educate.
- Manage CDER’s risk communication, social marketing and health literacy research activities.
- Develop Drug Safety Communications to update patients, caregivers, health care professionals and the public with new information about potential risks of FDA-approved drugs.
- Provide leadership and direction for developing, assessing, communicating, and implementing an advocacy and stakeholder relations strategy for CDER.
- Conduct research to ensure that CDER has a thorough understanding of partner, stakeholder, and public opinion about issues of interest to CDER.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Telephone: 301-796-3700 | Fax: 301-431-6350
Hillandale Building, 10001 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20993