TITLE 38(F) PHYSICIAN (GP-0602-14)
OFFICE OF BIOSTATISTICS AND EPIDEMIOLOGY (OBE)
CENTER FOR BIOLOGICS EVALUATION AND RESEARCH (CBER)
FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION (FDA)
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES (HHS)
The FDA’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER) is recruiting to fill a Physician, GP-0602-14 position to serve in the Division of Epidemiology (DE), Office of Biostatistics and Epidemiology (OBE).
The Division of Epidemiology in CBER/OBE studies and monitors the safety of a diverse portfolio of important and innovative biological products, including vaccines, blood products, gene therapies, human tissues, and cellular therapies.
RESPONSIBILITIES: As a Physician in OBE/DE, the incumbent is responsible for
- Conducting epidemiologic analyses on nationwide safety surveillance data to inform regulatory decisions related to monitoring the safety of a varied portfolio of FDA regulated biological products throughout the product lifecycle.
- Review and analysis of safety data from passively reported adverse events, observational epidemiologic studies, and the medical literature.
- Participation in pre-licensure review of applications for new products and help design post-licensure safety studies.
- Safety surveillance and regulatory work includes frequent collaboration with colleagues in other federal agencies, industry, and academia.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: Physician, GP-0602: Must be a U.S. citizen with Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada. The degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
Degree from Foreign Medical School: A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must provide education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.
LICENSURE: Applicant must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
GRADUATE TRAINING: At least 4 years of graduate training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent, and experience and training in regulatory science and/or medical research.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- The candidate should be able to independently manage complex projects and should possess good interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience or training in public health surveillance
SALARY: Salary is equivalent to GS-0602-14, plus physician market pay (Title 38), and is commensurate with education/experience. U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps Officers may also apply.
LOCATION: Silver Spring, MD
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for this position within CBER, please complete the following steps:
- Submit your electronic resume or curriculum vitae, cover letter, and supporting documentation to CBER Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org. Supporting documentation may include: bibliography, summary of research accomplishments, and names/contact information of three references. Applications will be accepted through January 31, 2020. Please reference Job Code: OBE-20-02-CJP.
- Create/Log-in to your USAJOBS account and review the official job opportunity announcement located on USAJobs.gov at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544721600. Applications MUST be received by applying to the official job opportunity announcement located in the link above.
Please see additional information on: https://www.fda.gov/about-fda/jobs-and-training-fda
HHS/FDA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.