FDA.gov Website Refresh
FDA is pleased to announce the launch of our newly redesigned public website. We are making website improvements to provide a more modern and customer-centric web experience. The new site launch is planned for April 26.
Our public website receives nearly 5 million visitors—consumers, health professionals, scientists/researchers, and industry stakeholders—each month. It serves as the face of the agency and a critical vehicle for meeting FDA’s mission, as it’s home to agency policy and perspectives and information about recalls, safety alerts and important regulatory actions. Ensuring that this content is easy to find is a top priority.
The goals for the improved FDA.gov include:
- Remodeled webpages that can be viewed on any internet-ready device
- Easier access to popular content
- Updated navigation based on data and audience behavior
- Easier to find FDA content in search results
- Better consistency of FDA content across web and social channels
Steps to Improvement
The FDA.gov website refresh centers around the migration to a new web content management system (WCMS). The current WCMS is end-of-life and we are replacing it with a new modern publishing platform.
Here are some of the things we are doing to improve FDA.gov:
- Using data to archive and expire webpages that aren’t being used, consolidating similar content/renaming page titles to reduce redundancy so it’s easier for online audiences to find what they are looking for.
- Adding stronger and more relevant metadata to the webpages to optimize them for search and social media.
- Updating FDA.gov’s design to provide more visuals and interactive content. Overall the site will have a more modern look-and-feel. FDA content will appear consistently regardless of web and social channels.
- Upgrading to a modern publishing platform ensures that our content is accessible anywhere, anytime and on any device.
We Want Your Feedback
Let us know what you think – we’ll apply the lessons learned from our visitors’ experiences to make future improvements. Send comments and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.