Tobacco products are harmful, yet widely used, and are responsible for severe health problems in both users and non-users. These health problems include several kinds of cancer and lung and heart disease, all of which often lead to death.
- Access the latest health information, including resources from our federal partners.
- Tips to Help Avoid Vape Battery Explosions
- Chemicals in Cigarettes: From Plant to Product to Puff.
- Learn about tobacco-related health fraud.
We are investing in a number of public education campaigns, such as The Real Cost, Fresh Empire, and This Free Life to help educate the public—especially youth—about the dangers of regulated tobacco products. Rooted in science, these efforts are directly linked to our authority to regulate the marketing and sales of tobacco products.
We are working to protect the health of America's youth and ultimately reduce the burden of illness and death caused by tobacco use, including:
- Banning cigarettes with characterizing flavors
- Issuing regulations that restrict youth access to tobacco products
- Collaborating with CDC on the National Youth Tobacco Survey (NYTS)