Recall -- Firm Press Release
FDA posts press releases and other notices of recalls and market withdrawals from the firms involved as a service to consumers, the media, and other interested parties. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company.
Lisy Corporation Issues Voluntary Recall on Undeclared Soy in 5 Seasoning Blends
305-836-6001 ext. 233
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - March 27, 2013 - Lisy Corporation of Miami, FL is voluntarily recalling select seasoning blends because they contain the ingredient soy that is not declared on the label. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to soy run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this recall.
- Lisy Sazon Perfecta- Perfect Seasoning - 4 oz. bottle, UPC Code 096786600459, 12 oz. bottle, UPC Code 096786500063 and 24 oz. bottle, UPC Code 096786300144 with distribution dates starting on 3/21/2011.
- Lisy Adobo All Purpose Seasoning with Pepper – Adobo Con Pimienta – 5 oz. bottle, UPC Code 096786600466, 14 oz. bottle, UPC Code 096786500254 and 32 oz. bottle, UPC Code 096786300106 with distribution dates starting on 3/9/2011.
- Lisy Adobo All Purpose Seasoning without Pepper – Adobo Sin Pimienta – 5 oz. bottle, UPC Code 096786600473, 14 oz. bottle, UPC Code 096786500261 and 32 oz. bottle, UPC Code 096786300113 with distribution dates starting on 9/5/2011.
- Lisy Seasoned Meat Tenderizer – Sazonador De Carnes – 5 oz. bottle, UPC Code 096786600503, 14 oz. bottle, UPC Code 096786500315 and 28 oz. bottle, UPC Code 096786300076 with distribution dates starting on 3/7/2011.
- Lisy Fajita Seasoning – Sazon Fajita – 5 oz. bottle, UPC Code 096786600541, 14 oz. bottle, UPC Code 096786500056 and 28 oz. bottle, UPC Code 096786300700 with distribution dates starting 3/25/2011.
The products were distributed nationwide in retail stores. There were no lot numbers identifying the bottles. Any products purchased from March 1, 2011 to March 27, 2013 should be returned to the place of purchase for replacement or a refund may be attained by calling 305-836-6001 ext. 233.
The recall was initiated after it was discovered during a routine inspection that the products containing soy, inadvertently omitted the listing of soy on the ingredient listing.
Consumers with questions may contact Henry Rosen at 305-836-6001 ext. 233 from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm EST, Monday through Friday.
Recalled Product Photos Are Also Available on FDA's Flickr Photostream.