Radiation-Emitting Products

Can I receive credit for presenting courses/lectures and/or reading/writing articles/papers?

Policy Guidance Help System logo

Physicians may receive credit for presenting courses/lectures and/or reading/writing articles/papers for journals as long as the articles/papers and the courses/lectures pertain to the diagnosis or treatment of breast disease or other areas that will aid facility personnel in improving the quality of mammography. FDA has no way of determining the proper amount or type of credit to give for any individual article/paper or course/lecture. However, an organization authorized to award credit can assess and document the appropriate amount of CME awarded. Mammography personnel should get a letter or other documentation from the authorized organization stating how many and what type of CME’s are awarded and the date the credit was given. FDA would then accept the amount awarded toward the continuing education requirement. For physicians, credit obtained after 4/28/99 must be category I.

Back to Interpreting Physician Continuing Education

Page Last Updated: 06/26/2014
Note: If you need help accessing information in different file formats, see Instructions for Downloading Viewers and Players.
Language Assistance Available: Español | 繁體中文 | Tiếng Việt | 한국어 | Tagalog | Русский | العربية | Kreyòl Ayisyen | Français | Polski | Português | Italiano | Deutsch | 日本語 | فارسی | English