News & Events
- A draft guidance document describing implementation of certain provisions of the federal law. For certain restaurants and similar retail food establishments, these statutory provisions include posting the number of calories for standard menu items on menus and menu boards, providing additional nutrition information in writing, and posting clearly on menus and menu boards that such information is available upon request. These establishments also must post calorie information for self-serve items and foods on display.
- A final guidance document for industry regarding the effect of the new federal nutrition labeling requirements on state and local laws.
- Federal Register Notice: Draft Guidance for Industry: Questions and Answers Regarding Implementation of the Menu Labeling Provisions of Section 4205 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010
- Federal Register Notice: Guidance for Industry: Questions and Answers Regarding the Effect of Section 4205 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 on State and Local Menu and Vending Machine Labeling Laws
- New Menu and Vending Machines Labeling Requirements
- Food Label Helps Consumers Make Healthier Choices
- Survey Shows Gains in Food-Label Use, Health/Diet Awareness
- How to Understand and Use the Nutrition Facts Label
- Make Your Calories Count – Use the Nutrition Facts Label for Healthy Weight Management