- Learn some ways to tell fact from fiction.
- Learn how to recognize and avoid health fraud scams.
- FDA cybercrimes unit shuts down hundreds of rogue pharmacy websites.
Protect yourself with these resources including information about health fraud scams and tips for buying medication, medical devices, and radiation-emitting products online. Learn about enforcement actions taken by the FDA to protect the public.
FDA’s MedWatch Safety Alerts
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC: Counterfeit – Don’t Buy Into Organized Crime
- NIH National Institute on Aging: Beware of Health Scams
- NIH Office of Dietary Supplements: How To Evaluate Health Information on the Internet
Federal Trade Commission's Bureau of Consumer Protection Drug Enforcement Administration: Report Suspicious Internet Pharmacies
- NABP - State Boards of Pharmacy
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection: Restrictions on Prescription Drugs