What should I do if I have a reaction (side effect) to a cosmetic product?

FAQs Main Page

Products intended to cleanse or beautify a person’s body are generally regulated as cosmetics. Some examples are skin moisturizers, hair colors, perfumes, makeup, and even tattoos.

If you have a reaction (side effect) to a cosmetic product, you should:

You can also contact the FDA district office consumer complaint coordinator for your geographic area or call FDA at 1-800-332-1088.

More Resources:

Page Last Updated: 12/09/2015
Note: If you need help accessing information in different file formats, see Instructions for Downloading Viewers and Players.
Language Assistance Available: Español | 繁體中文 | Tiếng Việt | 한국어 | Tagalog | Русский | العربية | Kreyòl Ayisyen | Français | Polski | Português | Italiano | Deutsch | 日本語 | فارسی | English