About FDA

Where do I go to report problems with flea and tick products?

The process for reporting a problem with a flea and tick product varies based on the agency you are reporting the problem to. To ensure a speedy response, please check the product’s label to see which agency regulates the product in question.

If a product is regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), it will have an EPA Registration Number (sometimes written as “EPA Reg. No.”) on the label. If a product is regulated by FDA, it will typically have the statement “Approved by FDA” followed by a six-digit New Animal Drug Application (NADA) or Abbreviated New Animal Drug Application (ANADA) number on the label.

Regardless of which agency regulates the product, you should first contact the product manufacturer to report a problem. If you are unable or unwilling to contact the manufacturer, and the incident is with an FDA-regulated product, FDA encourages you to fill out FDA Form 1932a, or contact your state’s FDA Consumer Complaint Coordinator.

If the problem is with an EPA-regulated product, you may report the incident to the National Pesticide Information Center (NPIC)disclaimer icon at 800-858-7378. EPA encourages veterinarians to report problems with EPA-regulated flea and tick products using the Veterinary Pesticide Incident Reporting portal.disclaimer icon This portal, run by NPIC, is for use by veterinarians only.

Page Last Updated: 05/28/2017
Note: If you need help accessing information in different file formats, see Instructions for Downloading Viewers and Players.
Language Assistance Available: Español | 繁體中文 | Tiếng Việt | 한국어 | Tagalog | Русский | العربية | Kreyòl Ayisyen | Français | Polski | Português | Italiano | Deutsch | 日本語 | فارسی | English