• Decrease font size
  • Return font size to normal
  • Increase font size
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

About FDA

  • Print
  • Share
  • E-mail

How do I report an adverse event related to a vaccine?

Reports of adverse events following vaccination can be sent to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). Anyone can submit a report, even if you are not sure whether the vaccine caused the adverse event. People who receive vaccines, or parents or guardians of people who receive vaccines, are encouraged to ask their health care professional for help in filling out the VAERS form. Reports may be submitted online, by fax or by mail.

Basics Question toggle Show all related FDA Basics Questions