Some of the links from this page take you to other government web sites. Once you leave this page, click the back button on your browser to return to OPDP's web site.
Chapter II - Definitions (Sec. 201  (g)(1), (k), (m), (n), & (p))
Chapter III - Prohibited Acts and Penalties (Secs. 301 , 302 , 303 , & 304 )
Chapter V - Drugs and Devices (Sec. 502.  (a), (e), (f), & (n))
The following links go to the Government Printing Office web site.
21 CFR 99 - Dissemination of Information on Unapproved/New Uses for Marketed Drugs, Biologics, and Devices
21 CFR 200 - General (Secs. 5, 7, & 200)
21 CFR 201 - Labeling Secs. 10, 100, & 200)
21 CFR 202 - Prescription Drug Advertising
21 CFR 312 - Investigational New Drug Application (Sec. 7)
21 CFR 314 - Applications to Market New Drug or Antibiotic (Secs. 81, 550, & 560)
Drug and Device Manufacturer Communications With Payors, Formulary Committees, and Similar Entities – Questions and Answers *DRAFT* (Issued 1/18/2017, Posted 1/19/2017)
Medical Product Communications that Are Consistent With the FDA-Required Labeling – Questions and Answers *DRAFT* (Issued 1/18/2017, Posted 1/19/2017)
- Providing Regulatory Submissions in Electronic and Non-Electronic Format - Promotional Labeling and Advertising Materials for Human Prescription Drugs *DRAFT* (Posted 4/21/2015)
Distributing Scientific and Medical Publications on Unapproved New Uses - Recommended Practices *REVISED DRAFT* (Posted 2/28/2014)
- Fulfilling Regulatory Requirements for Postmarketing Submissions of Interactive Promotional Media for Prescription Human and Animal Drugs and Biologics *DRAFT* (Posted 1/14/2014)
- Direct-to-Consumer Television Advertisements--FDAAA DTC Television Ad Pre-Dissemination Review Program *DRAFT* (Posted 3/12/2012)
- Responding to Unsolicited Requests for Off-Label Information About Prescription Drugs and Medical Devices *DRAFT* (Posted 12/27/2011)
- Presenting Risk Information in Prescription Drug and Medical Device Promotion *DRAFT* (Posted 5/27/2009)
- Consumer-Directed Broadcast Advertisements *FINAL* (issued 8/1999, posted 8/6/1999) Questions and Answers (Posted 8/6/1999)
- Industry-Supported Scientific and Educational Activities *FINAL* (Issued 12/3/1997, Posted 12/4/1997)
- Product Name Placement, Size, and Prominence in Advertising and Promotional Labeling *DRAFT* (Issued 11/18/2013, Posted 11/2013)
- Product Name Placement, Size, and Prominence in Advertising and Promotional Labeling *FINAL* (Issued 1/2012, Posted 1/31/2012)
1997-2014 Enforcement Actions are archived. To view them, please see the FDA Archive.