|2005N-0354||Consumer-Directed Promotion of Regulated Medical Products; Part 15 Public Hearing|
|FDA Comment Number :||EC151|
|Submitter :||Miss. Kathryn Whelan||Date & Time:||12/07/2005 06:12:53|
|Organization :||Miss. Kathryn Whelan|
|Category :||Individual Consumer|
| Dear FDA Administrators,
1. The lack of true scientific evidence behind many psychiatric "diseases"
2. The lack of hard evidence behind many of the claims to cure mental illness through the use of drugs
3. The lack of evidence behind the claims of ?chemical imbalance? as a cause for mental disease
4. The lure of the multi-billion dollar mental illness drug industry, and the mandate of any business to ?grow its market?
5. The nature of cause and effect in direct marketing (the more you market the more you sell)
6. The inherent dangers of many of the drug industry?s products
7. That more children are now addicted to Ritalin and similar ?legal? drugs then illegal drugs.
8. That many very high profile doctors and experts agree that we are facing an over prescription phenomenon in the United States
I beseech you, in the interest of safeguarding the people of these United States, to ban all direct to consumer marketing of all drugs in any way associated with any form of mental illness. Any form of marketing for any of these drugs should be constrained to a direct manufacturer to doctor format, with full disclosure of studies and side effects mandated.