|2005N-0279||Food Labeling; Gluten-Free Labeling of Foods; Public Meeting|
|FDA Comment Number :||EC1446|
|Submitter :||Mrs. Patricia Hermes||Date & Time:||09/20/2005 06:09:09|
|Organization :||Mrs. Patricia Hermes|
|Category :||Individual Consumer|
| 1. All gluten-free foods should be labeled as such. If a food contains gluten, it should be listed as such.
2. I spent hours reading labels to look for hidden gluten, such as "modified food starch."
3. Currently, only a small percent of foods are listed as gluten-free.
4. I absolutely do not buy foods that have wheat, barley, rye, malt, modified food starch, etc. listed in the ingredients. Any additives, food colorings and spices, etc. are suspect.
5. I would like to see wholesome, nourishing, food on the market, without a dozen or so additives.
6. I have celiac disease, and I don't want to take the chance of destroying my health.