|2005N-0279||Food Labeling; Gluten-Free Labeling of Foods; Public Meeting|
|FDA Comment Number :||EC1377|
|Submitter :||Miss. Lisa McCorkell||Date & Time:||09/20/2005 06:09:18|
|Organization :||Miss. Lisa McCorkell|
|Category :||International Public Citizen|
| Docket 2005N-0279
1. Gluten-Free should mean that the company was checked for cross-contamination and that the product is free of ALL gluten. This is so buyers can make sure they will have absolutely no problems with gluten sensitivity.
2. I identify foods by checking the ingredients and making sure there is very little chance of cross-contamination. I spend at least 5 minutes identifying products.
3. Only about 20% of the products I buy are labeled "gluten-free". Most of them are found in health stores.
4. Yes, it does influence my decision. But I do wonder about cross-contamination.
5. Yes, I would consider a two or more level of definition of gluten-free helpful.