From: Gross, Mary
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 12:45 PM
To: Butler, Jennie C
Subject: FW: Request for speaking slot at July 26, 2002, public meeting on bar code labeling

Importance: High
 
-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart A. Creque [mailto:stuartc@findtheDOT.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 10:36 PM
To: grossm@cder.fda.gov
Subject: Request for speaking slot at July 26, 2002, public meeting on bar code labeling
Importance: High

Dear Ms. Gross:

I would like to make a presentation on behalf of findtheDOT to the public meeting to solicit comments for the development of a regulation on bar code labeling for human drug products on July 26 in Bethesda.  findtheDOT has developed an alternative to bar codes that offers the possibility of saving billions of dollars in implementation costs and hundreds of millions of dollars annually in production costs.  In our view, the fact that in 12 years, bar code based medication safety systems have been implemented in only 3 percent of hospitals nationwide means that protection for the other 97 percent of patients can no longer be held hostage to the drawbacks of bar code technology.
 
Our presentation is currently in the form of a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation with the following topics:

We would like to request 20 minutes of presentation time, if possible.  I would be happy to e-mail or fax to you the full presentation.  Please let me know if you can offer us a place on the meeting agenda.  Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards,

Stuart Creque
V
P Business Development
findtheDOT, inc.
364 14th St., 3rd Floor
Oakland, CA 94612
phone (510) 302-3463 x204
fax (510) 302-0570
e-mail
stuartc@findtheDOT.com