1. American Diabetes Association, Position Statement: Aspirin Therapy in Diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2003, January 26; (Supplement 1):S87-S88.
2. American Diabetes Association, Position Statement: Aspirin Therapy in Diabetes. Diabetes Care. 1998, January 21; (Supplement 1): 057-058
4. Hayden M, Pignone M, Phillips C and Mulrow C., Aspirin for the primary prevention of cardiovascular Events: A summary of the evidence for the US Preventive Services Task Force. Ann Intern Med 2002; 136:161-172.
5. Pearson TA, Blair SN, Daniels SR, et al. AHA Guidelines for primary prevention of cardiovascular disease and stroke: 2002 Update; Consensus Panel Guide to comprehensive disease and stroke: 2002 Update; Consensus Panel Guide to comprehensive risk reduction for adult patients without coronary or other athlersclerotic vascular diseases. Cir 2002;106:388-391
6. Hennekens, C.H.; Dyken, M.L., and Fuster, V. Aspirin as a therapeutic agent in cardiovascular disease: A statement for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association. Circulation: American Heart Association. 1997 Oct 21; 96(8):2751-3.
7. Augustovski F., Aspirin for primary prevention of cardiovascular events. Journal of General Internal Medicine 1998;13:824-835.
8. Assman G, Rafael, C. Cullen, P, et al. Coronary heart disease: Reducing the risk, A worldwide view. Cir: American Heart association. 1999; 100:1930-1938.
10. Colwell, J. Aspirin therapy in diabetes. Diabetes Care, 1997
November 11; (20):17671771.
11. Eidelman RS, Herbert, P, Weisman S, Hennekens, CH. An update on aspirin in the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease. 2003 Archives of internal medicine IN PRESS.
12. Herbert PR, Hennekens
13. Lauer MS., Clinical Practice. Aspirin for primary prevention of coronary events.
N Engl J Med. 2002;346:1468-74.
14. Mehta, P. Aspirin in the prophylaxis of coronary artery disease. Curr Opin Cardiol 2002; 17:552-558, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Inc., 2002.
15. Passa, P., Reducing the cardiovascular consequences of diabetes mellitus. Diabetic Medicine1998; (15) ;(Supplement 4):S69-S72.
16. Patrono, C., Platelet active drugs the relationship among dose, effectiveness and side effects. Chest1998; 114:470S-488S.
17. Sanmuganathan P.S., Aspirin for primary prevention of coronary heart disease, safety and absolute benefit related coronary risk derived from meta-analysis of randomized trials. Heart 2001;85:265-271.