- Immune suppressed Rhesus monkeys exposed to bone marrow cells transduced with a preparation of RCR positive retroviral vector
- 3/10 developed lymphomas, died within 200 days
- Donahue, R.E., et al., J. Exp. Med. 176: p. 1125-1135.
- Monkeys had sequences identified as recombinants between vector and helper or between vector and endogenous sequences.
- Vanin, E.F., et al., J. Virology. 68(7): p. 4241-4250.
- Purcell, D.F.J., et al., J. Virology. 70(2): p. 887-897.
Retroviral Recombination: lessons
learned from Gammaretroviral vectors