Relationship of Infectivity & Viral Load pre-SC Animal Models
Analyses of Plasma Stocks with Defined CID50.
- Correlate limit of detection of NAT assays to 1 CID50.
- Characterize viral load at several CID dilutions. Calculate viral load : CID50 ratio.
- For HBV/HCV ~10 gEq/CID50.
Primary Infection Transmission Studies (Alter et al. Transfusion 1999)
- Infect 1O animals, draw samples through SC.
- Characterize serial samples by NAT, Ag, Ab assays.
- Serially transfuse eclipse and NAT(+) blood into 2O animals.
- Correlate detection of viremia with development of infectivity.
Transfuse Human WP Samples into Test Animal
- Plasma donor SC panels.
- Pre-SC units from blood donors with documented transmission.