Health Fraud Scams
Health fraud scams refer to products that claim to prevent, treat, or cure diseases or other health conditions, but are not proven safe and effective for those uses.
Health fraud scams waste money and can lead to delays in getting proper diagnosis and treatment. They can also cause serious or even fatal injuries.
Watch this video to learn more.
- 6 Tip-offs to Rip-offs: Don't Fall for Health Fraud Scams
- Don't Get Scammed: Beware of Health Fraud (Video)
- Stimulant Potentially Dangerous to Health, FDA Warns
- Beware of Fraudulent Flu Products
- Beware of Fraudulent Weight-Loss 'Dietary Supplements'
- Reumofan Plus Relabeled and Sold as WOW
- Health Fraud Scams: Get the Facts
- Don't Be a Victim of Health Fraud Scams
- How to Spot Health Fraud
Health Fraud Resources
Health Fraud Press Announcements
- U.S. Marshals seize drug products distributed by a Florida company
- Court shuts down U.S. operations of California drug, dietary supplement manufacturer
- Federal judge approves consent decree with Minnesota drug and dietary supplement company
Office of Criminal Investigations(OCI) Press Announcements
- Internet Pharmacy Owner Charged in $95 Million Fraud Scheme
- Palm Beach Man Sentenced for Mislabeling Medical Test Kits
- Bodybuilding.com, LLC and Jeremy DeLuca Plead Guilty in Federal Court to Violating FDCA
Compliance Actions - Health Fraud
- Warning Letters
- Cyber Letters
- Seizures and Injunctions
- Criminal Prosecutions: Office of Criminal Investigations (OCI)
- OCI Press Releases
Compliance Policy Guide
Watch: FDA Health Fraud Videos
Health fraud scams are everywhere. On TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, and the internet. Don't get fooled by bogus claims and promises of miracle cures.
Watch this video to learn about the common scams used to fool you.