The items listed below include FDA safety and regulatory resources on hair dyes, straighteners, and other hair products, for consumers, salon professionals, and manufacturers.
- Hair Dye Products (Fact sheet)
- Lead Acetate in "Progressive" Hair Dye Products
- Warning Letters Address Drug Claims Made for Products Marketed as Cosmetics (Includes hair restoration products)
- Warning Letters Highlight Differences Between Cosmetics and Medical Devices (Includes hair removal devices)
- Import Alert #53-12: Detention Without Physical Examination of Black Hair Cream From the Dominican Republic
- Import Alert #53-16: Detention Without Physical Examination of Rio Hair Naturalizer
FDA/CFSAN Cosmetics Announcements and Recent Additions to the Cosmetics Web Site