ORAU is a combination of...
...brick - face-to-face courses and activities
...click - distance learning that includes web-based training, webconferences, satellite broadcasts, and video conferences.
ORAU is the vehicle through which DHRD will address numerous training issues facing the regulatory community - federal, state, and local - including:
- Succession planning,
- Basic knowledge and skills,
- Uniformity of the regulatory process,
- Uniformity of training (e.g. within agencies, federal to state),
- Updates on cutting-edge science and technology,
- Training for contracts and partnerships,
- Recruitment and retention tools,
- Reduction in training costs,
- Increased training flexibility and convenience,
- Enhanced effectiveness and efficiency of training, and
- Right training at the right time to the right people.
ORAU can be viewed as a clearinghouse where FDA staff and state and local regulators can go for traditional and new technology training and development. It will consist of both face-to-face, traditional learning events and distance learning events.
Check out each special area link from the ORAU Main Page for information on the wealth of opportunities available through ORAU.
<< back to Welcome to ORAU!