Recommended System Requirements
EduNeering ComplianceWire System Requirements
To take EduNeering ComplianceWire courses, your computer should have these hardware and software features:
||Pentium 166 +
||32 MB +
||56.6 kbps +
||16 bit (thousands of colors)
||16 bit (thousands of colors) +
||8 bit +
- Windows operating system (95, 98, 2000, or NT 4)
(Service pack 5 or later should be installed with Windows NT4.)
- Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4 or higher or Netscape Navigator and Communicator version 4 or higher
- You MUST download version 10 of Shockwave for it to work properly, even though Shockwave is up to version 11.
If your computer has download and configuration restrictions, you may have to ask your IT Helpdesk for assistance.
The Shockwave plug-in from Macromedia is a free download that you should install BEFORE you visit EduNeerings ComplianceWire site. First, make sure your MS Internet Explorer browser is NOT set at the highest security level.
- On your browsers menu bar, click on "Tools," then "Internet Options." Select the "Security" tab. Change the default security settings by sliding the bar down to "Medium" and click OK/Yes to close the dialog box.
- If your security settings have a custom setting, you will see the word "Custom" rather than a slider bar. Click on "Custom Level." Scroll down until you see "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins." Click "Enable" under this heading, and then click OK/Yes until the dialog box is closed.
- Install the FULL version of Shockwave v. 10.3 by going to http://www.eduneering.com/shockwave/.
- Click Shockwave Version 10.3.0.24
- Follow Shockwave instructions (This will take a few minutes to install)
- A "Shockwave Player" download window will appear. Let the program run until it installs Shockwave and updates your system configuration.
- You do not have to answer pop-up registration boxes. Simply close the window by clicking on the "x" at the top.
- A web page with a Shockwave movie will open. If it plays correctly, your installation was successful.
If you encounter problems, there is technical support available on Macromedias web site. From the Macromedia Shockwave Player Download Center (link above), scroll down to the "Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)" link. From the FAQs page, scroll down to "installation support area." There are several issues here that may be helpful.
Your local IT people/Help Desk can also help. If you have any problems downloading Shockwave or troubleshooting the download process, contact them for assistance.