The content on this page is provided for reference purposes only. This content has not been altered or updated since it was archived.
Training and Continuing Education
Online Training Seminar: "The FDA Process for Approving Generic Drugs" - Purpose/Learning Objectives
(No Credit Is Offered)
This seminar provides viewers with an overview of the Food and Drug Administration's role in the generic drug process. It discusses various aspects of the Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) process, including how FDA's approval assures that generic drugs are safe, effective, and high quality drug products.
- Cite legislation that enables the approval of generic drug products;
- Describe the differences between the generic drug approval process and the innovator drug approval process;
- Identify information contained in the "Orange Book";
- Describe the methodology for determination of bioequivalence of drug products;
- Describe the complexities of the patent certification process and the impact on the approval of generic drug products.
Advance to Next Section....