CDRH Learn Technical Requirements
To view the online video presentation: You will need Windows Media Player 9.0 or later installed on your computer. You will also need:
- Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003 or Windows Vista
- Display resolution of 800 x 600 pixels or greater
- Windows-compatible sound card
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 or later
- Windows Media Player 9.0 or later
- Broadband Internet connection (256 Kbps or above)
- Java Version 1.2 or later required for captioning support
- Configure popup blockers to allow site pop-ups or the presentations will not appear.
- Windows Media Player plug-in dlls are not installed with Windows Vista, therefore by default Windows Media Player can only be embedded in Internet Explorer.
To view the presentations using Firefox with Windows Vista:
- Use the ActiveX Plug-in you are prompted to download when you first attempt to view a presentation, or
- Copy the Windows XP plug-in dlls to your computer by following these instructions.
Troubleshooting: If you have a pop-up blocker installed on your computer, the video windows may not open properly. Simply disable the blocker while using this Web site. If the video does not play, it is possible that your firewall is set up to block video/audio from coming through. Contact your IT department for assistance and special configuration settings.
Macintosh OS X
- Mac OS X 10.4.8 or later
- Safari 2.0.4 or later or Firefox 2.0 or later
- Windows Media Player 9 for Mac
- Broadband Internet connection (256 Kbps or more)
- Java Version 1.4.2 or later required for live captioning support
If the presentations do not play back or you have trouble viewing the presentations, please contact us at CDRHLearn@FDA.HHS.GOV.