2010 Archived Tobacco Compliance Training
FDA hosted five training sessions to provide retailers across the country with information on how to comply with federal tobacco regulations.
View Short-Length Archived Webcasts
Watch the Archived Webcasts and Read the Transcripts
- July 19, 2010 - Boston, MA
- Transcript - Read the Transcript for the Boston Session (PDF 212 KB)
- September 1, 2010 - Atlanta, GA
- Transcript - Read the Transcript for the Atlanta Session (PDF 216 KB)
- September 8, 2010 - Chicago, IL
- Transcript - Read the Transcript for the Chicago Session (PDF 105 KB)
- September 22, 2010 - Dallas, TX
- Transcript - Read the Transcript for the Dallas Session (PDF 78 KB)
- September 29, 2010 - Los Angeles, CA
- Transcript - Read the Transcript for the Los Angeles Session (PDF 65 KB)
Review the Presentation Slides
- View the September 2010 Presentation for Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas and Los Angeles (PDF 192 KB)
- View the July 2010 Presentation for Boston (PDF 144 KB)
Read the Handouts for All Sessions
- Draft Guidance for Food and Drug Administration Staff and Tobacco Retailers on Civil Money Penalties and No-Tobacco-Sale Orders for Tobacco Retailers
- Draft Guidance for Industry - Tobacco Retailer Training Programs
- Draft Guidance for Industry - Compliance with Regulations Restricting the Sale and Distribution of Cigarettes and Smokeless Tobacco To Protect Children and Adolescents
- Guidance for Industry and FDA Staff - Use of “Light,” “Mild,” “Low,” or Similar Descriptors in the Label, Labeling, or Advertising of Tobacco Products
- Guidance for Industry and FDA Staff: Enforcement Policy Concerning Certain Regulations Restricting the Sale and Distribution of Cigarettes and Smokeless Tobacco
- Guidance to Industry and FDA Staff: General Questions and Answers on the Ban of Cigarettes that Contain Certain Characterizing Flavors (Edition 2)
- Letter to Retailers on Tobacco Products Labeled or Advertised with the Descriptors “Light,” “Low,” “Mild,” or Similar Descriptors
- Letter to Industry on Cigarettes Containing Certain Characterizing Flavors
- Retailer Factsheet: Protecting Kids - Tobacco Retailers and the FDA
- Frequently Asked Questions on the Passage of the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act (FSPTCA)
- Regulations Restricting the Sale and Distribution of Cigarettes and Smokeless Tobacco To Protect Children and Adolescents
Looking for More Information?
If you need more information about the retailer training sessions, contact David Racine at email@example.com.
Webcast Computer System Requirements:
- Apple Mac & Microsoft Windows OS compatible. Broadband Internet connection of 300Kbps suggested. Internet browsers compatibility include IE, FireFox, Safari, Chrome. Some webcast functions may be limited with various browsers and OS.
- Presentations may be navigated from the Topics Tab or the Topics Image button.
- For additional help accessing media and webcast files please see Instructions for Downloading Viewers and Players.
- Captions are best viewed from Internet Explorer browser.