For Industry: How to Contact Us or Request a Meeting
Center for Tobacco Products
Document Control Center, Room 020J
9200 Corporate Boulevard
Rockville, Maryland 20850
Main Phone Number:
For Tobacco Industry Questions: TobaccoIndustryQuestions@fda.hhs.gov
- For Small Business Industry Questions: Email email@example.com
- For Regulatory Submissions: Use the CTP mailing address but please put Attn: Document Control Center, room 010X.
- For the Ombudsman about complaints and disputes: Email CTPOmbudsman@fda.hhs.gov.
- For Formal Correspondence, Speech, and Meeting Requests: Email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a proposed agenda and list of attendees.
The Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) receives numerous meeting requests each week. After taking into consideration many factors, including limited staff, scheduling conflicts, and statutory deadlines, CTP will accept most meeting requests from external stakeholders. In order for these meetings to be as beneficial as possible to the requester, CTP is providing a few general points for consideration when submitting your meeting information.
- CTP welcomes your thoughts and concerns and will listen carefully to them.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) must follow established policies and procedures when developing new regulations and guidances. In addition, the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act (Tobacco Control Act) provides FDA with specific deadlines for issuing a variety of new regulations.
- CTP cannot comment on, or provide information regarding the content of any specific guidance that is being developed. New guidances are announced in the Federal Register and posted to CTP’s Web page.
- CTP also is not able to provide information regarding any ongoing enforcement actions or litigation.
- However, as CTP staff reviews the issues you submitted, we will do our best to share what we can about specific statutory deadlines and other general process issues.
- We have many informal and formal communications channels we encourage you to use to express your views, submit data, and ask questions.
Other Formal Communication Channels:
- Submitting comments on proposed rules, dockets, and guidance documents to CTP through the public comment process at www.regulations.gov
- Attending and participating in public meetings, including the Tobacco Products Scientific Advisory Committee (TPSAC), held by CTP.
- Calling the CTP-Call Center 877-CTP-1373 .
- Contacting the Ombudsman if your complaint, dispute, or inquiry has not been addressed by other CTP offices.
- Participating in the new communication channels being used at CTP, such as web dialogues and webinars.
- Registering for weekly updates This Week in CTP.