We are committed to a science-based approach that addresses the public health issues associated with tobacco use. That’s why we are collaborating with CDC on the only nationally representative survey of middle and high school students that focuses exclusively on tobacco use – the National Youth Tobacco Survey (NYTS). The CDC’s NYTS was designed to provide national data on long-term, intermediate, and short-term indicators key to the design, implementation, and evaluation of comprehensive tobacco prevention and control programs.
- MMWR: Tobacco Use Among Middle and High School Students--United States, 2011-2014
- Press Release: E-cigarette use triples among middle and high school students in just one year
- Press Release (Spanish): En solo un año se triplica el uso de cigarrillos electrónicos entre los estudiantes de escuela secundaria media y superior
CDC’s National Youth Tobacco Survey
- Informing Tobacco Regulation Through Research
- Fact Sheet: Research Priorities (PDF - 355KB)
The Real Cost Campaign